[Manila Principles] Launch of notice template, new blog section of site, and new endorsement drive

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Fri Jul 29 17:17:37 PDT 2016

*1. Template notice of content restriction*

Yesterday, the Manila Principles were presented again at the
Asia-Pacific Regional IGF in Taipei, marking the beta release of our Web
form to generate a notice to users about restriction of their content.
That web form is here, and is now also linked from the "Resources" tab
of the website:

https://www.manilaprinciples.org/template

Thanks to those who gave feedback on the (admittedly very buggy) alpha
version of the form, which had been soft-launched at RightsCon earlier
this year.  We can continue to make improvements in response to
feedback.  Here is our blog post about the beta release of the tool:

https://www.manilaprinciples.org/node/116

*2. Blog section on Manila Principles website*

As you have noticed from that last link, we have also newly added a blog
section to the Manila Principles website.  This was in the works for a
while, and we apologize for the delay.  This blog section is intended to
be open to all participants to post news, research or opinions about
intermediary liability issues.  Posts do not have to be exclusive to the
Manila Principles website, but may be reposted from elsewhere.

If you have a story that you'd like to post, please send it to me in any
format, or else point me to a version online that I can copy into the
Manila Principles blog.

*3. Seeking new endorsements*

Now that the template notice and the blog sections of the site are
finally out the door, we are intending to embark on a new drive to
gather additional endorsements.  I will be contacting organizations and
companies that I know had expressed interest before, but if you have any
other leads that you would like me to follow up, I would be grateful to
receive these.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD