[HTTPS-Everywhere] Summary of Interviews with Maintainers/Contributors

Kate Chapman kate at cascadiatm.com
Thu Mar 1 15:27:59 PST 2018

Hi All,

Over the past couple months I've interviews some contributors and
ruleset maintainers of HTTPS Everywhere. I wanted to share some results
of the interviews well at that same time respecting everyone's privacy.
A few things that were brought up in the interviews:

* There is strong agreement we should recruit/promote more ruleset
maintainers
* Project communication pathways and communication from the EFF needs to
be more clear
* Automating repetitive tasks is highly desired
* Those reviewing PRs don't prioritize or approach the review in the
same way
* Issues in Github should be cleaned up

We'll be working to make improvements based on this information in the
coming months.

Thanks,

-Kate

--