[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere 5.0 / 2015.3.23 released

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Mon Mar 23 12:57:08 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm very happy to announce that HTTPS Everywhere 5.0 stable / 2015.3.23
is now available for all platforms. Note that Firefox and Chrome use
different versioning systems, but both extensions are now using the same
code.

Because there were a large number of ruleset changes, I'm doing a
conservative update: For existing Chrome users running 2015.1.22, only
5% will auto-update at this time, using the Chrome Web Store's built-in
updating mechanism. All users who installed the Chrome extension by
downloading it from the EFF web site should receive an auto-update
starting immediately.

Firefox users on 4.0.3 won't auto-update today: I'll wait for bug
reports from the first cohort of Chrome users before updating
https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-update-2048.rdf to trigger
Firefox auto-updates, sometime within the next week.

If you would like to immediately upgrade to 5.0, you may do so by
visiting https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere.

Thanks,
Jacob