[HTTPS-Everywhere] “Block all HTTP requests” and onion services

Drake, Brian brian at drakefamily.tk
Thu Jul 2 18:54:23 PDT 2015

Hi

I love “Block all HTTP requests”. But from a technical point of view, it’s
silly that it also blocks onion services.

Having said that, a while ago, on the Tor blog, I read about the issue of
onion services using HTTPS, and I think it said there was some disagreement
about this. You might say that it’s silly, or that it’s almost necessary
(so we can train non-security-expert users to demand HTTPS all the time).
Any thoughts about this?

--
Brian Drake