[HTTPS-Everywhere] Important: New testing requirements for rulesets

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at eff.org
Tue Feb 10 11:22:55 PST 2015

On 02/10/2015 10:54 AM, Maxim Nazarenko wrote:
> 1) Since it doesn't run under windows, what is the
> official/recommended configuration? Like recommended distribution,
> required packages, etc.
I build and test on Ubuntu. There's a script, install-dev-dependencies,
that will get the packages you need for Ubuntu or Mac, but I haven't
tested on Mac recently so I can't guarantee.

I'm happy to accept patches improving the build environment on Windows,
Mac, or other distributions.
> 2) Is there any way to pause and then resume testing?
Not yet. However you can test specific rulesets by specifying them on
the command line if you like. Tests take a few hours to fully run,
although I haven't tried cranking up the thread count to see how fast I
can make it.