[HTTPS-Everywhere] Unsigned extension unable to install in Firefox Nightly

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:35:48 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 8:03 PM, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <jsha at eff.org> wrote:

> Yep, we're working on getting it signed. There are some kinks to be worked
> out of the process: Mozilla's automated validator always flags HTTPS
> Everywhere as needing manual review, which takes a couple of days. Mozilla
> has promised us that they'll have a way to prevent extensions from
> repeatedly flagging for manual review, but it's not ready yet. In the
> meantime we'll just need to wait through the manual review queue for each
> release.

Are they at least telling you why it keeps getting flagged? :/

I'm assuming it has to do with either something in the code that their
reviewer doesn't like (an extension that rewrites URLs automatically?
Uhmmm... Doesn't seem malicious _AT ALL_ :D ) or because of the size/the
fact that we pack a SQLite DB?

Claudio