[HTTPS-Everywhere] Where to reenable rules?

Alexander Buchner alexander.buchner at posteo.de
Thu Apr 9 13:03:16 PDT 2015

On 09.04.2015 17:01, Jonas Witmer wrote:
> Hi
>
> The easiest way is to make a pull request on Github. You can find all
> the rules here:
> https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/tree/master/src/chrome/content/rules
> There are a lot, so I recommend to use the search function.
>
> If you are already familiar with Git, you can clone the repository.
> Otherwise you can sign up and then you are able to just edit a file
> (make sure that you are on the master branch). Github will make a fork
> and a pull request automatically. Please switch always back to the
> master branch before editing a new rule, so Gihub will create a new pull
> request for each change.

I am not too familiar with git. I already managed to create pull
requests but could you elaborate on how I can create one pull request
for one commit? Up to now all my little commits gobble up in one pull
request:
https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/pull/1333

But I think I haven't made clear what my original question was about.
Example:
- rule xyz.xml is a ruleset with 'default_off=...'
- I edit this rule to be active again (including removal of
'default_off=...') and commit/make a pull request to the master branch
- If this commit will be part of some future release, will the rule be
active automatically again in the future release?