[HTTPS-Everywhere] When to move rules to stable branch?

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 07:36:35 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Alexander Buchner <
alexander.buchner at posteo.de> wrote:

> Just to pick up the example myself:
> Has anyone on the development branch had problems with the rule
> openstreetmap.org? I haven't. So I vote for an upgrade to the stable
> branch.

That's not the point; while it might be possible that the ruleset is
working fine, it's also entirely possible that due to the restricted number
of people using devel (as compared to the number of people using stable)
we're missing something.

For a complete history of the same discussion, see [1] and [2] ;)

> Another thing I stumbled upon:
> Is the HTTPS Everywhere Atlas still being updated? For leo.org it states
> that there is only a rule in the development branch.
> https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/atlas/domains/leo.org.html
> But with the latest Chrome version of https everywhere I get redirected
> and also see in the URL bar that there is some rule in my version.

As far as I can see, the info is updated as of

Commit 641cab4 2014-09-02 11:01:20 -0700

Probably needs to be pushed manually?

Claudio

[1]
https://lists.eff.org/pipermail/https-everywhere-rules/2014-January/001807.html