[HTTPS-Everywhere] Ruleset merge processes

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Wed Aug 27 13:00:54 PDT 2014

It hasn't been documented, but criteria that have been applied in the
past include:

 - during a major release (1.0 stable -> 2.0 stable; 2.0 stable -> 3.0 stable)
   all rulesets were merged from master to stable after a period of
   freezing / testing in master.  Yan didn't think we were in shape to
   do that for 3.5 stable -> 4.0 stable, but we should aim to do it soon
   if we can get enough testing in place, IMO.

 - if a ruleset looks very important and well-tested, it may be okay to
   merge it.  I'd consider merging the Reddit ruleset into stable, for
   instance.

 - if the ruleset in stable is buggy/broken, and the master one is
   clearly better

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131