[HTTPS-Everywhere] Turning HSTS headers into HTTPS Everywhere rules?

yan yan at mit.edu
Thu Sep 11 21:12:18 PDT 2014

Some of the work is done already. There's a script in utils/ to fetch
the chromium preload list and turn it into rulesets automatically;
someone should run it and commit the new rulesets. :)

I suspect that in FF and Chrome, HSTS happens earlier in the request
pipeline before HTTPS Everywhere rewrites.

One potential downfall is that this would make the ruleset list very
large, and HTTPS Everywhere is probably less efficient at doing its job
than HSTS.

-Yan