[HTTPS-Everywhere] Safari

Chris Aljoudi chris at chrismatic.io
Tue Nov 11 17:23:37 PST 2014

Hi!

Chris here (JavaScript; UI/UX design). I note you mentioned that the reason HTTPS Everywhere isn’t available for Safari is the inability to do safe rewrites (indeed, window.location, etc. aren’t safe).

I’ve written a few extensions for Safari (I’ve moved to Safari from Chrome), and I believe an extension can rewrite a URL safely by listening to the Safari's beforeNavigate event and changing the URL if necessary (the event is fired before the request is sent).

I think that seems like it'd work. I’d love to help in any way I can if you’re interested (including writing a preliminary version of the Safari extension using the already-existent ones as a guide).

Thanks,
- Chris.

Chris Aljoudi
Design. UI/UX. Technology.