[HTTPS-Everywhere] Possible mentor for Google Summer of Code?

Red redwire at riseup.net
Fri Mar 14 22:37:53 PDT 2014

Hi Yan,
I would of course need to do a fair bit of research before I could give
a solid outline of exactly how I would implement the sort of feature I
mentioned. I imagine it involving a considerable amount more interaction
with the SSL Observatory, however.
I'd love to hear about any other projects that you think might be more
fitting for Google Summer of Code this year.  Having an opportunity to
work with the EFF is, on it's own, an incredible possibility to me, and
HTTPSEverywhere is something I demand be installed on every browser I
ever touch. Needless to say, I'm not terribly picky about what kind of
work I do here- I'm just excited to get involved. To get a better feel
for my level of experience, I would point you to my github profile
(https://github.com/redwire), which lists most of my work.  This idea of
a ruleset update mechanism doesn't sound bad, either. I'm curious about
what you think this might involve. It might not be too ambitious at all!
Cheers!