[HTTPS-Everywhere] Weekly GSoC IRC Meeting

Yan Zhu yan at eff.org
Fri Jun 27 13:51:08 PDT 2014

An exciting thing happened this week, which is that Zack and I figured
out a very clean way to add tests for the main extension code in HTTPS
Everywhere (without having a custom build of Firefox / xpcshell / pain).

If you want to test it out or add some tests, merge this pull request
into your HTTPS Everywhere repo:
https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/pull/338. Instructions for
running tests are here:
https://github.com/EFForg/https-everywhere/blob/feature/tests/https-everywhere-tests/README.md.

The tests are written in Javascript and have the usual js assertion
semantics so they should be pretty easy to add:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK/Low-Level_APIs/test_assert

(You can also write tests for SSL Observatory -
Components.classes["@eff.org/ssl-observatory;1"].getService(Components.interfaces.nsISupports).wrappedJSObject
gives you access to its js object!)

-Yan