[HTTPS-Everywhere] Embedded imgur images seem to be broken

Nicholas Bendler asim at asimweb.org
Thu Jul 31 17:18:41 PDT 2014

Hi all,

A few days to a week ago, I noticed that on several sites embedded imgur
images would no longer load. I used the httpfox extension to see that
imgur URLs were being 302-redirected to the image page, thus the image
embed fails. This is a known imgur behavior for high-traffic referers
like Facebook, but I was seeing this everywhere. I could not reproduce
the issue with CURL and some test refers. I also tried modifying CURL's
user-agent string (I use Pale Moon instead of Firefox) but that did not
make a difference, either - I was still getting the actual image. Back
in my browser, I disabled the HTTPS Everywhere rule for imgur, reloaded
a test page, and it worked again.

I am using https-everywhere 3.5.3.

--Nick