[HTTPS-Everywhere] IRC meeting this week, some announcements

Yan Zhu yan at eff.org
Thu Jul 31 13:59:11 PDT 2014

Hey all,

Couple of items:

1. There will be an IRC meeting Friday (tomorrow) at 11AM PST to discuss
Zack's (redwire's) work for Google Summer of Code:
https://github.com/redwire/https-everywhere/tree/rulesetUpdating

2. HTTPS Everywhere 4.0 stable is coming soon, probably in the next 1-2
weeks.

3. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be leaving EFF in August and
stepping down as the maintainer of HTTPS Everywhere. My priorities until
then are: refactoring the Firefox for Android release process, getting
4.0 stable out the door, pulling "HTTP Nowhere" mode into the stable
channel, and pulling Zack's work into the development channel.

All the best,
Yan