[HTTPS-Everywhere] ssl observatory without torbutton

Ulrich Viefhaus Ulrich.Viefhaus at FernUni-Hagen.de
Wed Jan 1 12:34:28 PST 2014

Hello everyone and a happy new year!

I'm using https-everywhere with iceweasel under debian wheezy. I would
like to use the ssl observatory function of the plugin but the torbutton
extension is no longer supported. I'm not quite comfortable with using
an unsupported security relevant program (and debian has torbutton only
in sid which tries to kill my system).

Now my questions:
Which data is sent to the observatory from me if I don't use tor for
submitting the certificates? My IP, the site I was looking and the
certificate? Is the IP stored anywhere?
The only disadvantage of not using torbutton for the observatory is the
possibility of generating a list of the sites I visited until my IP
changes, right?
Am I missing something?

Greetings,
Ulrich