[HTTPS-Everywhere] Problems with Chrome?!

Nick Semenkovich nick at semenkovich.com
Thu Dec 18 07:49:31 PST 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 2:02 AM, Dave Warren <davew at hireahit.com> wrote:
> On 2014-12-16 07:35, Nick Semenkovich wrote:
>>
>> [I set the log level to 1]
>>>
>>> DEFAULT_LOG_LEVEL=1
>>
>> <- 1
>>
>> [I open a new tab]
>>>
>>> util.js:21 Ruleset cache hit for www.google.com items:8
>>> util.js:21 Ruleset cache hit for ssl.gstatic.com items:1
>>> util.js:21 Ruleset cache hit for www.google.com items:8
>>> util.js:21 Cookie host cache hit for google.com
>>
>> ... [lots more] ...
>>

> Sure, but I see absolutely nothing relating to HTTPS Everywhere. And nothing
> new if I hit the same site with HTTPS Everywhere enabled vs disabled.
>
> I'm really not sure where to go from here. This is Chrome's latest
> -stable/release channel, not even a beta version. I also tried disabling all
> other extensions, just in case -- But this profile is synchronized to
> another computer which does work fine.

Real weird indeed. You've tried removing & re-installing the HTTPSe extension?

Beyond a chrome bug, my only thought is that the local HTTPSe has been
corrupted / damaged -- which a reinstall might fix. (Some adware has
also learned to actively inject/manipulate Chrome's extension code in
local profiles -- there's now a "Extension Content Verification"
that's slowly launching to prevent this)

--
Nick Semenkovich
Laboratory of Dr. Jeffrey I. Gordon