[HTTPS-Everywhere] Problems with Chrome?!

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Mon Dec 15 22:58:54 PST 2014

On 2014-12-13 09:14, Nick Semenkovich wrote:
> Gosh, that's a strange problem. I haven't seen anything like this on
> many iterations of chrome.
>
> Dave & Alexander:
>
> Can you pull up the extension developer tools to see if HTTPSe is
> logging anything?
>
> That is:
> 1. Open the extensions panel in chrome: chrome://extensions
> 2. Click the "Developer Mode" checkbox
> 3. Scroll down to HTTPSe and click on "background page" next to Inspect Views
> 4. Click on "Console" -- then copy & paste any error messages
>
> You might also want to enable more verbose debugging, by typing into
> the console:
> DEFAULT_LOG_LEVEL=1

"Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of
its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help,
check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/"

I'm not seeing anything else, but I'm not especially familiar with
Chrome's extension developer tools. I'm not sure if I need to refresh
after setting DEFAULT_LOG_LEVEL or what, but nothing else jumped out at me.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/