[HTTPS-Everywhere] 4.0dev11 slowing Firefox down

Pavel Kazakov nullishzero at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 13:37:31 PDT 2013

Interesting that this issue isn't universal. Slowdown appears to be
happening on my home desktop machine with 4.0.development11, but it
seems to be happening only with certain sites. Opening up gmail for
the first time takes an extra 5-7 seconds to load. The issue only
happens during the first page load on a fresh Firefox instance; any
subsequent loads for that webpage seems to work just fine.

Home Desktop:
uname -a: Linux j0pi7 3.8.13-gentoo #6 SMP Sat Jun 15 15:10:58 PDT
2013 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz GenuineIntel
GNU/Linux
firefox --version: Mozilla Firefox 17.0.8

On my work laptop (Gentoo 64-bit, Firefox 23), which uses a proxy, the
Internet becomes almost unusable with HTTPS Everywhere
4.0.develoment11 enabled.

Regards,
Pavel