[HTTPS-Everywhere] License issue with utils/zipfile_deterministic.py (was: 3.4.2 and 4.0development.13 released)

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Fri Oct 18 16:31:25 PDT 2013

It is a perverse victory of the copyright system that so many brilliant
programmers waste so much of their time worrying about very minor details
of licensing.  This is a terrible and ironic problem in the
free software community; our objective should be to free ourselves from
the oppresion of copyright, not perpetuate it [1].

I've adjusted the LICENSE.txt file to indicate the lineage of that file.
We aren't shipping it in the .xpi or .crx files, so we don't need to
worry about anything in the extensions themselves; it just needs to be
clear in the source tree.

[1] If anyone wishes to waste more time on this, they can read chapter 8
of my PhD, http://reworld.org/phd.pdf ;)