[HTTPS-Everywhere] How can I distinguish between stable and unstable rules?

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu Mar 7 19:35:15 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 08:56:50AM +0000, James Elford wrote:

> But do "stable" and "unstable" branches in HTTPS Everywhere's source tree
> necessarily reflect on the stability if the rules themselves - or just the
> code...?

Rulesets get changed much more frequently in the unstable branch of the source
tree, yes.  Almost all of the changes to the rulesets in the stable branch are
known fixes.

Of course occasionally a fix lands in unstable/development but doesn't get
noticed and ported over to stable.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131