[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere licensing and GitHub repositories

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu Mar 7 19:31:26 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 01:15:47PM -0500, Seth Woodworth wrote:
> When I tried to contribute a patch a year and a half ago, I had a hard time
> finding the source tree.
> I ended up submitting a pull request via github to aaronsw's
> repo<https://github.com/aaronsw/https-everywhere>,
> which is the first result on github for
> 'https-everywhere'<https://github.com/search?q=https-everywhere>
> .
>
> Would the EFF be amenable to a github fork of https-everywhere?  It would
> lower the overhead of contributors finding the project and submitting
> rules.   There are already a dozen or so forks on github, and all of them
> out of date.

A couple of our contributors regularly pull HTTPS Everywhere to github
(https://github.com/2d1/HTTPS-Everywhere for instance), but if people are very
keen to have a current copy on github, I could probably arrange for my push
commands to send to one.

We might even have an EFF github account somewhere that we could use.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131