[HTTPS-Everywhere] 4.0dev11 slowing Firefox down

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Sat Aug 31 06:34:54 PDT 2013

I thought something was wrong with my Internet connection, because
everything in Firefox suddenly slowed WAY down. It didn't seem to matter
what server I was trying to access, they were all painfully slow. I
noticed that Thunderbird wasn't having trouble displaying remote content
quickly, so I loaded IE, and it had no trouble either.

Back in Firefox, with about 8 tabs struggling to load, I disabled
HTTPS-Everywhere (from the status bar icon; the extension itself is
still enabled).  Almost immediately upon doing that, all of the tabs
successfully loaded, and Firefox began performing normally again.

I'm using 4.0.dev11 on Firefox 23.0.1 in Windows 7 x64 Pro.

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one
begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit
facts." - Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)