[HTTPS-Everywhere] 4.0development11 not working after resetting (deleting) localstore.rdf

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 07:27:07 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I had to delete localstore.rdf because of corruption issues. I did it while
Firefox (Iceweasel, actually - I'm running Debian sid) was closed. After
reopening the browser, the HTTPS-E icon was gone, and in the "Tools" menu,
while I had the entry for HTTPS-Everywhere, no submenu was shown.

I tried opening the preferences from the addons menu and it showed no rules
at all.

I've just compiled the latest trunk sources.

I tried reinstalling the addon and restarting Firefox: same problem.
Removing HTTPS-E, restarting, reinstalling it and restarting FF again
didn't solve it.

Running Iceweasel from terminal shows this two messages

(process:26440): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> `sys_page_size == 0' failed
> FoxyProxy settingsDir:
> /home/claudio/.mozilla/firefox/rjcvsqu6.default/foxyproxy.xml

(No idea what the first is, the second is obvious)

and then a whole lot of

Could not check applicable rules for *website*

with different websites every time, which is consistent with the fact that
I don't have any rules, apparently.

Any ideas about what's happening? I built it using `make`, and until now it
always worked perfectly.

Thanks,

Claudio