[HTTPS-Everywhere] [#AX-H2434] HTTPS Everywhere 3.4.1 Firefox 23.0.1 and Ghostery 5.0.3 Windows 8 x64

michaelzeldis at sbcglobal.net michaelzeldis at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 20 04:13:31 PDT 2013

The combination above doesn't work together.   Firefox does not load
when both HTTPS Everywhere and Ghostery are installed.   The Firefox
process shows as starting and consuming up 60% of the RAM on the
computer but Firefox does not open.

If you install Ghostery while HTTPS Everywhere is installed Firefox
freezes.   You can kill the Firefox process and attempt to restart it
but like I wrote above it won't load

If you disable the Ghostery website under HTTPS Everywhere options
Firefox still freezes and won't load

I do know that the Ghostery domain has mixed content

I disabled the one Ghostery domain listed in the HTTPS Everywhere
options but it did not help

Maybe there is more than one Ghostery domain that needs to be disabled
in HTTPS to eliminate the problem

I tried disabling Ghostery in Firefox and then installing HTTPS
Everywhere using the latest stable version 3.4.1 from your website.
Firefox still wouldn't load upon restart of it even though Ghostery was
disabled.

Fortunately I use the iObit uninstaller program so I just went in and
uninstalled HTTPS Everywhere and then was able to restart Firefox with
no problem.   I then re-enabled Ghostery.

Have a nice day

Mike Zeldis