[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere v. 3.0.2 - Firefox Issue

Allan Hoffman allanshoffman at netscape.net
Fri Oct 19 11:47:32 PDT 2012

I have been experiencing a problem with HTTPS Everywhere v. 3.0.2 that I wanted to bring to your attention. I've been using HTTPS Everywhere with Firefox on A Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit machine for quite a while. When it upgraded to v. 3, it prevented the Firefox GUI from displaying. The Firefox process ran, but the browser did not display. I was able to trace the problem to HTTPS Everywhere, and when I downgraded to v. 2.2.3, Firefox worked normally.

HTTPS Everywhere recently automatically upgraded from 2.2.3 to 3.0.2, and the problem returned. I have now downgraded again to v. 2.2.3, which again fixed the problem. This time I disabled automatic updates, which should stabilize the situation, but obviously, it would be better to be running the latest version, now and in the future. I haven't been able to find any references to anyone else experiencing this problem. Has EEF run into this? Can you think of an explanation or suggest a fix? Thanks very much.

Allan Hoffman