[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere translation problem

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Tue Oct 9 14:49:24 PDT 2012

Hi Hubbit!

Many thanks for your work on the Italian translation!  I think the easiest
solution would be to shorten the Italian text so that it fits in the existing
window (we did the same thing with the original English version, thinking for
a long time about how to make the language as simple and comprehensible as
possible).

The alternative is making the window scroll by hacking on this XUL file:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/blob/HEAD:/src/chrome/content/observatory-preferences.xul

We've had an open tickets about it for a long time:

But no XUL-wizards have stepped forward to help.  There are also a bunch of
other important but unaddressed XUL tickets lying around:

Patches for any of those are always extremeley welcome!