[HTTPS-Everywhere] Safari support

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu May 17 14:23:12 PDT 2012

Hi Scott,

We haven't submitted any bugs, and at the moment we probably don't have the
in-house resources at EFF to implement, maintain and support another port of
HTTPS Everywhere, though we're happy to work with people in the open source
community who are motivated to do those things, as we are doing with the
IE porting efforts.

In terms of the API on Safari's end, merging WebRequest from Chrome would be the
obvious way to proceed:

https://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/trunk/webRequest.html

(as an aside, there are still a few weird issues with Chrome's implementation
of that API that we're dealing with, and those are keeping the Chrome port
from being stable:

)