[HTTPS-Everywhere] Safari support

Scott Boyd scott_boyd at apple.com
Thu May 10 18:10:58 PDT 2012

We understand you may be experiencing some difficulties with crafting a solution for https-everywhere for Safari:

As of early 2012, the Safari extension API does not offer a way to perform secure rewriting of http requests to https. But if you happen to know a way to perform secure request rewriting in these browsers, feel free to let us know at https-everywhere at EFF.org (but note that modifying document.location or window.location in JavaScript is not secure).

I would be happy to assist you in finding whether a solution might be possible with Safari.  Have you submitted any bugs?  Any bug id would be helpful.

Best regards,
Scott Boyd
Apple Product Security