[HTTPS-Everywhere] Automatic testing of rules to discover rules that broke (e.g. by site redesign)

Colonel Graff graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:13:56 PDT 2012

Hey Ondrej,

Peter and Scott have both been made aware of this, but these are the
first steps towards what you suggested. Already with them I've found a
few broken websites that I've fixed. Don't run them on your machine
though. They're highly imperfect. Feel free to add/improve them
though.
https://gitorious.org/https-everywhere-fork/https-everywhere-fork/blobs/graff/single_rule_response.py
https://gitorious.org/https-everywhere-fork/https-everywhere-fork/blobs/graff/trivial-response.py

For now these will just test the destination of the redirects that
don't have backreferences. No breadth first search yet. That wouldn't
be trivial. I might go ahead and write that later, but not right now.
As a non-CS person (I'm far more of a hobbyist) I haven't had the joy
of dealing with databases yet. If you'd like to add that to this or
send me a good tutorial for the future, I'd appreciate it.