[HTTPS-Everywhere] Improve makexpi.sh

Alex Xu alex_y_xu at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 22 20:02:23 PDT 2012

Would probably be a good idea to rewrite this whole thing in Python,
considering that we're relying on it anyways for validation. I even call
Python in here to get an accurate time without using `date %N`.

Changes:

Log time spent on parts. (Likely a waste of time; I spent way too much
time trying to get this to work portably.)
Replace backticks with $().
Use `git clone` instead of copying. Should be much, much faster building
tags now.
Issue a warning when locale validation is skipped.
cd into the rules directory before manipulating.
Only get the ruleset names once at the end.