[HTTPS-Everywhere] https-everywhere breaks web pages on Netflix.com

William Allen Simpson william.allen.simpson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 16:38:03 PST 2012

On 2/12/12 9:35 AM, no1lunchbox wrote:
> I have noticed that https-everywhere is breaking some features on Neflix web pages:
>
> (1) User comments won't display. All I see is the rotating "page loading" icon.

Sometimes, on the computer, "There was a problem retrieving member reviews.
Please try again later."  But no rotating icon.  I've seen this using a
Netflix enabled player as well.  Not likely this has anything to do with
https-everywhere.

> (2) When there are multiple seasons of a TV show (i.e. "30 Rock") only one season will display. When I try to click on another season all I see is the rotating "page loading" icon.

Are you sure you're not also using no-script?

In my case, I simply temporarily allow netflix.com scripts before login.  Of
course, the /Login page is already https....