[HTTPS-Everywhere] Https Everywhere for Internet Explorer possible

Julien Sobrier jsobrier at zscaler.com
Tue Apr 24 16:15:04 PDT 2012

Hello,
the document does not define the attribute "match_rule". This attribute
seem to be used differently in the Chrome version and ion the Firefox
version.

For example, in Chrome, "match_rule" is NOT used for GoogleSearch.xml or
GoogleAPIs.xml. But is used with Firefox in the GoogleSearch ruleset.

If the Chrome logic is applied for Firefox,
target="translate.google.com" would never be used because GoogleSearch
has a match_rule="http:.*google\.". This is unless the order in which
rules are loaded, and processed matters. But this is not specified in
your document.

So, I have 2 questions:
* do the name of the .xml file matters, meaning rules have to be loaded
and processed in alphabetical order?
* why do you need the "match_rule" as a final match, and not use only
the "target" tag?
* why the difference between Firefox and Chrome regarding the match_rule
in the "Google APIs" attribute?

Thank you
Julien Sobrier