[HTTPS-Everywhere] Https Everywhere for Internet Explorer possible

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Tue Apr 24 17:42:05 PDT 2012

match_rule is deprecated; I don't think it needs to be implemented anymore,
and the implementations can be removed from the Chrome and FF ports.

Before the <target host=""> mechanism existed, match_rule was a way to improve
performance when every <rule> was tested against every outgoing URL (there
were many fewer rulesets back then!).  The match_rule would be tested first,
and only if it matched would the <rule>s in that <ruleset> be applied.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131