[HTTPS-Everywhere] 2.0development.1 won't submit cert from "Untrusted connection" page

Ondrej Mikle ondrej.mikle at nic.cz
Fri Sep 30 16:01:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

I've been testing the development version of HTTPS Everywhere for couple of
days. Works great in general.

An issue I've noticed is that it won't submit certificate to Observatory if
Firefox displays the "Untrusted connection" page until user adds (temporary)
exception for the certificate. I'm not sure if that is the intended behavior.

One question about server_ip:
I noticed HTTPS Everywhere always sends "-1" for the server IP when submitting
cert to Observatory. I've heard that Firefox extension API has limitation in
this, i.e. that extension can know the FQDN, but not the actual IP Firefox uses
for the connection to server. Extensions that depend on the knowledge of IP,
e.g. DNSSEC Validator or AS Number employ various workarounds for this. Perhaps
you know whether the IP-connected-to can be retrieved in FF extension?

Best regards,
  Ondrej Mikle