[HTTPS-Everywhere] Netflix rule doesn't fully work

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Fri Sep 16 14:02:49 PDT 2011

Most of the time, when I go to www.netflix.com (or click on links that
go to NetFlix), I get:

Netflix Site Error
We were unable to process your request.
Please go to the Netflix home page by clicking the button below.

When I click the button, it redirects me to
https://movies.netflix.com/WiHome

Oddly, if I try it again shortly after clicking on the redirect link, I
get automatically redirected, instead of seeing the error message (even
if I do it in a new tab).

Regardless, the redirect rule doesn't seem to quite work right for
Netflix (and the error dialog every time I search is annoying, since the
search bar apparently doesn't use the secure server).  The rule should
probably be disabled by default until it's fixed or Netflix gets their
act together and has fully-working HTTPS support.

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com

"Get the facts, or the facts will get you. And when you get them, get
them right, or they will get you wrong." - Thomas Fuller