[HTTPS-Everywhere] String freeze (we need translations for the 2.0 release!)

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu Oct 20 18:23:09 PDT 2011

Unless something catastrophic and unforseen happens, all of the English
strings in these two files:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/tree/5a2f16cc6459bba87b55c5ce6852d55a42e89305:/src/chrome/locale/en

Should be considered frozen until 2.0 stable is released, so that translations
can be finalised for as many languages as possible.  Currently we these
translations in the tree:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/tree/5a2f16cc6459bba87b55c5ce6852d55a42e89305:/src/chrome/locale

It would be really good to get Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Farsi and
Korean done.

If you make an incomplete translation into some language, please leave a copy of
the English strings in the entitites that you haven't translated.  Firefox
cannot cope with partial translation files, and the HTTPS Everywhere build
scripts will reject them.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131