[HTTPS-Everywhere] 0.9.9.development.5 released

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu May 5 13:14:26 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 11:06:10PM +0300, Osama Khalid wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 12:56:41PM -0700, Peter Eckersley wrote:
> > If nobody complains, I will push this as an auto-update to
> > development branch users in a day or two.
>
> Thanks Peter.
>
> I think the development branch should be more flexible and I don't
> think we should be waiting that much (note that some aren't able to
> use HTTPSEverywhere at all because of the Firefox security update).

Fair point.  This .xpi is likely to be on balance less-broken than the one
development branch users currently have; I'll try to offer it as an auto-update today.

> Also, any plans to merge these changes with the stable branch
> (especially the rulesets)?

Yes.  As soon as we have a context-based ruleset control widget in the UI we
can stabilise everything in the development branch as stable 0.9.9.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Senior Staff Technologist         Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131