[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS-Everywhere breaks YouTube even when disabled

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Sun Jun 26 15:40:17 PDT 2011

On 6/26/2011 12:11 PM, Osama Khalid wrote:
> I coudln't find this problem, could you please specify more or take a
> screenshot? By the way, YouTube is also affected by the "Ytimg.com"
> ruleset which covers thumbnails, stylesheets and some scripts.

Ytimg.com is the problem rule. I disable that one, and the function
works again.  It should probably be disabled by default in the next release.

Here's a screenshot of the button I was referring to:

http://www.eharrishome.com/YouTubeExpand.jpg

I've circled the "Expand" button. With the Ytimg.com rule enabled, it
doesn't work.  With that rule disabled, it works.

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-               AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7               -

"In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who
learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed." -
Charles Darwin