[HTTPS-Everywhere] Where are the public archives and subscription issues

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 06:54:56 PDT 2011

In-line :-

2011/6/3 Colonel Graff <graffatcolmingov at gmail.com>:
> I can confirm this as the case, which is bizarre since I could have sworn
> that I used one of the links there to subscribe. That aside, if you click on
> the link in this line:
> Information about how to access the project's Git repository and get
> involved in development is here.
> There's a correct link to the mailing list.

Dear Colonel Graff,
       Thank you for replying so quickly. Two points though :-

a. When you (I mean the web developer who put up the page) puts up
something related to development that one cannot jump to thinking that
the mailing list subscription or/and web archives are there.

b. The development page also ends up both for subscribing as well as
seeing the web archives  I end up with the same Now if I click on this
link it sends me to a page with a dialog box appearing (the
subscription page or listinfo page being dimmed) and asking me to fill
in a username and password and telling that its EFF Intraweb.

The links which I tried are :-

https://mail1.eff.org/pipermail/https-everywhere/

Both end up with that same dialog box.

> As for talk of an update for 5.0b3, I cannot recall seeing it >on the mailing list. I think there is a compatability add-on for >firefox that will disable  it checking the maxVersion in HTTPS > Everywhere (or any other add-on you wish to use).

<snipped>

Looking forward to clarification. FWIW's I thought eff.org did have
publically anonymously viewable archives. At least it was till 6~7
months ago, the last time I checked.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल