[HTTPS-Everywhere] Preferences

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Wed Feb 23 11:42:04 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 05:23:46PM -0500, haveyouworked at aol.com wrote:
> Just some minor issues in the preferences window:
> 1) Organization of rulesets should follow down the column instead of across rows.
> 2) The "Enable All" button is missing.

Indeed it is.  For some reason, XUL dialogs only have a fixed set of possible
buttons:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL/dialog

We've used the "accept" and "cancel" buttons as intended, and "extra1" and
"extra2" are currently used for Reset to Defaults / Clear All.  There is no
extra3 we can use for enable all!  I decided we could leave out the enable all
button until someone works out a solution for this, because it will enable a
bunch of fairly broken rulesets that most people don't want.  "Reset to
defaults" is very much the thing that most users need instead.

> 3) The wording for "Reset Defaults" implies that clicking that button will change the defaults.  It should say, "Reset to Defaults"
> 4) There's a space between the "here" link and its period.

I struggled with the relationship between XUL XML and HTML.  Patches welcome
:)

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Senior Staff Technologist         Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131