[HTTPS-Everywhere] Recommended version?

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Mon Feb 21 18:03:28 PST 2011

Hi intrigeri,

Great to hear that T(A)ILS is under active development!

The unified Changelog for the development and stable branches is indeed
confusing, but I'm not sure how to address that.   In practice, I believe all
of the important bugfixes in 0.9.9.development.{3,4} should also have been
backported to the 0.9.4 stable release.

If T(A)ILS images are going to be immutable, I'd ship the stable version.
It's somewhat less likely to break things.  If you're going to allow Firefox
extension updating in the image, you can really choose either stable or
development branches: the dev branches secure a lot more sites at the expense
of being a bit more adventurous (and currenlty having crazier UI).