[HTTPS-Everywhere] Problem with NSF, specifically award search, and HTTPS everywhere

Robert Sloan sloan at uic.edu
Fri Aug 19 08:38:10 PDT 2011

The National Science Foundation (NSF) publicly searchable list of awards made, at URL

http://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/

does not really function with the HTTPS everywhere addon.

Don't know if the problem is with NSF or something in the addon rules.

I've solved the problem for myself just by setting the HTTPS preferences not to apply to NSF, but you all might want to investigate.

Robert H. Sloan            http://www.cs.uic.edu/Sloan
Professor and Head
Dept. of Computer Science
University of Illinois at Chicago

312-996-2369 (office)
312-413-0024 (fax)
312-413-2911 (my assistant Ms. Imelda Baker)