[HTTPS-Everywhere] Bug in Relating to Google Search Rule

Brad Howard eristokrat at peacemail.com
Sun Aug 14 16:19:15 PDT 2011

Recently, when the https-everywhere plugin is active in Firefox, I've
been experiencing a strange issue.  Searching with Google produces the
appropriate list of results, but, when I click on any link in that list,
the browser loads the main google search page.  This only happens when I
have the Google Search rule turned *off* in my rule set. I turn it back
on, and everything works as intended. In case it matters, I'm using OS X
10.7 and Firefox 5.0.1. Now that I've found the problem and fix, I'm not
too worried about it, but I thought I should get the info out there for
those who are inclined to weed out such issues more thoroughly. Thanks
for a great plugin.

and impact the causes you care about most. Over 12 Million members!
Feed a child by searching the web! Learn how <a href="http://www.care2.com/toolbar" target=_blank>http://www.care2.com/toolbar<a>