[HTTPS-Everywhere] Wikipedia's Https redirection rule

Siphelele Sithole sips19 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 07:08:39 PDT 2011

Hi there, I have a problem: There is a lock icon next to every link in a
Wikipedia page captured with Scrapbok Plus (the Firefox add-on) and it's due
to the Https-Everywhere add-on (i.e. when enabled).

This started happening after installing & enabling Https-Everywhere , when I
open any Wikipedia webpage I get redirected to the
https://secure.wikimedia.org/* instead of the normal unencrypted
http://en.wikipedia.org/* , which is great! But when I capture the page with
Scrapbok Plus & then open the captured page, there's a yellow lock icon next
to every single link on the page (which, collectively, are an eye-sore and
make my reading difficult because of the clutter).

Disabling the Wikipedia https-redirecting rule  & restarting Firefox doesn't
help either, I still get transferred to the (partially) encrypted
https://secure.wikimedia.org/*  site when I try to go to the Wikipedia
website, and get the same result when I capture a page with Scrapbook plus.
The problem is only solved when Https-Everywhere is disabled (I tested
it)and I do not want to disable it.

Please help me if you can, as I cannot do without the Https-Everywhere or
Scrapbook add-on.