[HTTPS-Everywhere] the new EFF "https everywhere"... glitche with NY Times and wikipedia

danny burstein dannyb at panix.com
Sun Aug 7 17:43:50 PDT 2011

I just pulled over the upgrade and seem to have run into
a glitch. TTBOMK, when I used to (with the older version)
head over to wikipedia, I _always_ got routed to the
secure version. In other words typing:

     http://en.wikipedia.org

- was converted to:

     https://secure.wikimedia.org

(hmm, never noticed that wikipedia:wikimedia switch)

anyway, since the download, when I type in the
regular "wikipedia.org" I seem to be going to
the url I typed, namely the cleartext one.

If anyone else out there had Mac OS X 10.5.8 and
you're running FF, could you see if you get the
same results?
and also... the NY Times.

with the new update I'm getting:

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/nyregion/index.html