[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS-Everywhere 1.0.0 for Firefox causing Google glitch

Maxim Nazarenko nz.phone at mail.ru
Fri Aug 5 18:00:11 PDT 2011

Got it! http://www.google.it/webhp?sourceid=navclient-ff is NOT
redirected (as of current git version). So I can confirm this bug on
development at FF5.0. After some mediation over
src\chrome\content\rules\Google.xml I found two relevant piece of
code:

65 <rule from="^http://(www\.)?google\.com/webhp"
66          to="https://encrypted.google.com/webhp"/>

and

136 <rule from="^http://(www\.)?google\.(fr|nl|it|pl|ru|bg|pt|ro|hr|fi|no)/?$"
137          to="https://encrypted.google.com/webhp?hl=$2" />

So, both http://www.google.COM/webhp?sourceid=navclient-ff and
http://www.google.it/ are redirected, but
http://www.google.it/webhp?sourceid=navclient-ff is not. It looks like
rules for all local Google domains should be modified to handle this
situation.

^http://(www\.)?google\.(fr|nl|it|pl|ru|bg|pt|ro|hr|fi|no)/?(webhp.*)?$
seems to match http://www.google.it/webhp?sourceid=navclient-ff , so
it might be the fix ( I not very good with regexps).

Best regards,
Maxim Nazarenko

P.S. Is it possible to pack lines 59-81 into one expression?