[HTTPS-Everywhere] Fwd: Linkedin to HTTPS Anywhere

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Wed Apr 27 10:33:14 PDT 2011

Chris Palmer writes:

> Fritz Calvo <fritz_calvo at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is it possible for you to add www.linkedin.com to HTTPS Everywhere?
> >Or can you provide me with an xml file that I can load to my Firefox
> >profile directory? I am not a techy person so I cannot create based
> >on the procedure provided in the site.
> >
> >Currently, I have to affix s to http everytime a linkedin page load.
> >
> >Hope you can help me.

Hi,

According to someone who just looked into this, LinkedIn does not
really support HTTPS meaningfully yet.  From their report, the HTTPS
support is limited to the front page and is not used at all on the
rest of the site, including after you sign in.  Is this different
from what you see?  Does the "S" go away once you sign in, or is
it still present when you're using other parts of the site?

--
Seth Schoen
Senior Staff Technologist                         schoen at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                    https://www.eff.org/
454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110     +1 415 436 9333 x107