[HTTPS-Everywhere] -1

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Sun Oct 17 09:50:30 PDT 2010

Well, we don't want to force you to turn your service off!  We'd be willing to
consider turning the identi.ca rule off by default if you feel there's no
alternative.

More generally, our sense is that it's no longer stricly necessary to buy special
hardware, or more harwarde, to do HTTPS:

http://www.imperialviolet.org/2010/06/25/overclocking-ssl.html

However, for sites that don't have the engineering resources that Google has
been able to throw at SSL, that's probably more of a theoretical truth than an
actual truth.  Has anyone on this list tried to replicate the optimisations
that Adam Langley describes in the context of a typical open source web stack?
Is there anything we should be doing to help make this easier to deploy?