[HTTPS-Everywhere] Integrating ruleset validation scripts

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Thu Nov 25 13:09:51 PST 2010

Peter Eckersley writes:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:57:46PM +0000, Mike Cardwell wrote:
> > The XML of the NYTimes ruleset is broken. Missing closing tag for the
> > rulesfordebate exclusion rule:
> >
> > https://github.com/mikecardwell/https-everywhere/commit/ce39dac6a78834287fa1d2ca5359e4329cd65d06
> >
> > Would it be possible to do something clever with git hooks to prevent
> > incorrectly formatted rulesets from being commited?
>
> That's a great idea.  We could also do it in the Makefile, so that xpis won't
> build with invalid rules.

I have made edits so that everything in pending-rules and
src/chrome/content/rules passes trivial-validate and so that
trivial-validate returns success or failure depending on whether
all the rules passed its validity checks.  I've also made it
take an optional command-line argument specifying the rule directory
to check, and I'm going to move it to the top level of the HTTPS
Everywhere source tree.

--
Seth Schoen
Senior Staff Technologist                         schoen at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                    https://www.eff.org/
454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110     +1 415 436 9333 x107